Monday, September 22, 2014

You Got Answers!

     Since my last blog post, I have shared with some of my favorite Florida educators my topic of research. Surprisingly, many of the educators I spoke with are not as opposed to the online graduation requirement as I am. They brought up how cost effective having classes online is, how convenient online coursework can be for some students, and most importantly how the option allows students to learn at their own pace.  Thus, these points raised some new areas that I would like to research under the umbrella of the new graduation requirement. 

    Ultimately, my research questions is " Why is taking a course online a graduation requirement?" Under this broad question I have several smaller research questions. The smaller research questions include;What are cost-effective benefits of this initiative,  Are these courses equipped to replace "in classroom" courses, How does this effect the state's collegiate level? 

    In order to conduct this research, I think it would be most effective to gather testimonials from students that have had to complete this requirement and are now in college. Though self-report methods can be biased, self-report is the best way to gain a lot of information that is not quantitatively based. Additionally, I think it would be interesting to see if any academic journals have been written about this topic; even, just online schooling in general. 

No comments:

Post a Comment